Saturday, November 21, 2015

Peace and Simplicity

Here we are in the middle of November, and we have finally crossed into the time of the year I like to call Sweater Weather. It's time for hot cider and cookies and fires and if you are me, lots of hugs. At the center of all of this though is the need for a good sweater, and so today a good friend of mine and I went on the quest to the local Target to find this sweater that I happen to be searching for. After looking at all that Target has to offer, I found it, the perfect comfort sweater. Now, I know reading this you are probably wondering why this girl is making a big deal about her new sweater. But, it honestly was the beginning of one of the most peaceful and beautiful evenings of my year. After our shopping efforts, my friend and I went to see one of his friends who happens to be a sister who spends every day taking care of children, and the single women who are going to class at the same time as raising their children. She spends every day giving herself completely so that other people can change their lives and make their world better for their children, I mean how absolutely perfect is that?! And she was SO HAPPY. Like the woman never stopped laughing and smiling and it was absolutely wonderful. She was loving God by loving others. Speaking of loving God, my friend and I then went to mass at a beautiful church, and when we walked through the doors I felt so at home, because I was so at peace with where I was and with the God I love loving me. On our way back from mass, my friend and I prayed the rosary and I have never felt God love rushing through a car as much as I did in those moments. In these type of nights I think we are reminded of the goodness of the world. It's not in something extravagant, but its in the moments of love and peace that you get when you meet someone amazing or walk in the doors of a beautiful church. SO, I bid you all a very happy season of sweater weather, and I hope you remember to enjoy the simple moments that can turn your whole week around. As always, God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment