Thursday, April 10, 2014

Why Be Happy

Everyday we are given millions of decisions, right?  Some are pretty easy.. It's easy to say Yes I will eat that chocolate cake or No, I don't want any anchovies on my pizza. But sometimes these decisions aren't so easy and we really have to think about what we are doing, and some of these take a lot of prayer. 

One of the few decisions I have found to be the easiest is the one I try to make every morning. I decide to Be Happy. Now you might be thinking this girl is crazy, but in truth it really is our decision. I used to hate it when people told me to be happy because it's not like something I could just turn on and off, right? Wrong. We choose our attitude and in choosing to be happy or to try to be happy we are setting ourselves up for success. There is that old saying, "The prettiest thing a girl can wear is her smile," and there is a lot of truth to that statement. I see girls with makeup and without makeup and yes, that does make a difference. But that's just it... they look different. Not better, not worse, just different. When I see people smiling it's just like joy bursting through the soul. Every person who smiles lights up the world and makes it just a little bit brighter. We are so blessed, why shouldn't we smile? 
I am the first one to admit life isn't easy, but if we can make it a little better, why dont we try it? Let's all try to be just a bit happier... because it could do us all some good. Why don't we all try to Be Happy, each and every day. It could do us all some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment